X'ar'Delay, Lord of the Formless Void

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Skipping stones

The people around me were faint shadows of those I had come to find. All around this "world" I could feel the echoes and remnants of my sisters and brethren. Ohumal the gazer was spread across an entire continent. My least liked sister, Hubol of the white stone had caste herself amongst millions if not billions of these fleshy creatures. Ignierial hidden deep in a tall mountain had the strongest sign although amongst the fewest followers. Dozens of others took on skin and bone within the societies of these who call themselves "human".

Ignierial was closest to the place upon which I had arrived but I would not seek him out. He had never been an enemy and was opposed to all forms of coercion which was easy to see in the behavior of his supplicants. Rowdy, noisy and undisciplined but peace loving. How peculiar. "Stars and stripes forever!" the psychic shout fairly bowled me over and I moved into the shadow of some odd place of worship, one of Hubol's from the look of it. That amazed me most of all, how much my siblings energies had intermingled on this nearly barren world.

Oh, there is life aplenty but cognizance is the measure of richness for me. What had drawn me to this continent was a singular and unusual form of awareness, almost purple in its hue. Sizzling power fed into it but vanished into a steady hum reverberating at binary increments that escalated into the gigahertz range. How beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home